Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp Legacy [Rubicon Crossing]

Dear List,

  1. I'll put some Rubicon Crossing tunes on my website soon, in case anyone wants to hear what might've been.  Basically, it almost was, but just wasn't meant to be.

  2. Bob is responsible for one of the best compliments I ever received musically.  He said to me one night in Blacksburg... I think it was at this weird Mexican place we played once or twice... I was about 20 ys. old...

  "If I played like that when I was your age, I would've been a pro"

  I'll never forget that.  I'll never tire of telling that story either.

  I think the lesson is that a little bit of help/advice/encouragement goes a long way.  True, that often times one's kindness goes un-noticed, or un-appreciated, however, every now and then it makes all the difference in the world.

  Dan G.

  r_mcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Very kind of Dan to remember me...I liked his band, Rubicon Crossing, by the way. Very interesting rock group and Dan's harmonica playing in the band was a cool mix of Popper and the blues...in a different place and time, who knows? Rubicon Crossing might have gotten signed!
WVa Bob