Re: [Harp-L] Slow Down

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 11:31:53AM -0700, Jim Greenwald wrote:
> Hi Dave
> Yes, WMP can do the slowdown thing. Run it 'Full Mode'; under 'View' in the
> menu bar, select 'Enhancements' and click on 'Show' to enable the console
> area. The 'enhancement' you want is PLAY SPEED SETTINGS.
> Cheers,
> Staggerin' Jim

Just a slight addition here...

This is only available under Windows XP.  2000 can have the same version
of Mediaplayer, but does not have the extra stuff like speed changes, etc.

I also recommend Audacity (which was in a different reply than the above,
I believe!), and not just because you can get a Linux version as well
as Windows, although that is a very good reason...

When I have a part of a song I am having trouble getting, it is fairly
easy to isolate it and loop it with Audacity.  Slow it down, speed it
up, whatever.  (Even add some echo and make it impossible to play!)

Just my 2 ducats.

jaime