[Harp-L] new fireball-V press release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Press Contact: Judye Palmer, Audix Corporation

Tel:                     (503) 682-6933
E-mail:                judy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Audix Heats Up the Pro Market with the FireBall-V

Responding to the market requesting a FireBall model with a volume control, Audix is proud to introduce the FireBall-V. In keeping with the general theme of the original FireBall, the FireBall-V incorporates the ability for the artist to control their own volume during performances. The control knob is designed as a wheel and it is strategically placed so that it can be easily adjusted while playing. With its sleek styling and unique design, The FireBall-V features a rich, full sound with additional punch for live performance.

The FireBall-V achieves its road worthy construction with a precision cast zinc cast alloy body and is characterized with a steel mesh grill ball with a deep red internal pop filter. Each microphone is attractively laser etched with its name and serial number.

While the size and contour of the FireBall-V is designed to fit comfortably within the palm of the hand, there is a full-sized dynamic capsule within for accurate full spectrum sound reproduction. Featuring VLM (Very Low Mass) capsule technology developed by Audix during the early 1990’s, the FireBall V is very clean and precise, resistant to feedback, and capable of handling sound pressure levels in excess of 140 dB without distortion - continued -

Even more astonishing is the ability of the FireBall-V to maintain its high quality sound reproduction even while the artist is cupping the grill ball. While this type of cupping action is necessary for style and effect, it can often cause the microphone to “boom out” or become muddy and distorted. Not so with the FireBall-V; it will operate as if it’s in an open air environment, even under the most demanding conditions.Phil Garfinkel, Audix Artist Relations Director, says “The FireBall has been a tremendous success out of the gate for both recording and live sound. Since we introduced the FireBall, we have heard from many harmonica players who wanted more control of the microphone’s output in the live stage environment. At Audix, we pride ourselves on our ability to respond to our customers’ needs in creative and effective ways. The FireBall-V is a glowing example of that ability.”The FireBall-V is characterized with a smooth and uniform frequency response of 50 Hz – 16 kHz and and a cardioid polar pattern, allowing it to focus on the particular instrument that is being miked without picking up other instruments or ambient noise on stage.

, clude a heavy duty mic clip and carrying pouch. . For more information, contact Audix sales at (800) 966-8261, or visit the company on the Internet at www.audixusa.com