[Harp-L] Dual reed action?

Hi JP,

what came into my mind reading your description is the fact, that if you bend a (draw-) note on the diatonic, in the initial phase both reeds ar envolved in lowering the pitch...if you bend a note extremely (lowering the tone to 1 1/2 steps down in 3d for example) only the blow reed contributes to the tone while the draw reeds's action is completely stopped. You can test this by covering the draw reed with one finger. All notes "in between" only can be produced by dual reed action.

Greetings

Bertram Becher