Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci & New Blood at Paula Jean's - 4/29/06

Garry writes in response to my:

"EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> At the end of the evening, Jason  himself seems to miss the irony of
closing
> the show by  announcing "one last small number"  ....then launching into
>  Goenophiny (the longest in his  repertoire).  I'm worn out  watching him
in action
> for the hours he  puts in. He's  non-stop motion.

if you listen to the 9/15/2005 terra recording, he  also closed with
Goenophiny.
he finishes it at about the 22 minute  mark, calling out "that's all i got".
it was plenty.  it was  almost 3 am.  and he was heading to schenectady for
a morning  radio show.  yeesh.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical  Consultant, AT&T Labs"

....I remember that, Garry.....I think it was the first time I'd been  to
Terra to see Jason.  Don't know if I met you for the first  time then or at the
next gig....I was wrung out watching him.  Could  NOT believe that they were
doing a morning radio show after that....was  sure someone had mixed up the
times and they weren't due upstate until the  next night.  He's like the Energizer
bunny.....and it's all for the  fans.  I still feel privileged to attend any
of his shows.

Elizabeth