Re: [Harp-L] Gapping/Embossing, am I doing it right?

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Greg Hommert"
<mythacles@...> wrote:

> Would there happen to be some photos floating around
of a "properly" set up
> reed plate that I might be able to at least compare
to in a general sort of
> manner; at least to clear up interpretation issues
such as the exact meaning
> of the word "arch," etc..?

i think there's a few. some have specific info and
images of things like gapping for overblows, or
rounding the corners on a reed, others are more
general or are meant to fix certain problems. but look
around:

www.overblow.com used to have, i think some pics up.
not sure if they'll still there.

www.harmonicasessions.com has some articles and pics.

franz chmel has info on his site as well (though he
plays chromatics)
http://www.chmel.at/sites/index_en.html

if you look around pat missin's site, he has info and
pics too:
www.patmissin.com

there may be more out there. remember, google is your
friend (and google images is your friend's hot cousin
visiting from out of town ;)