[Harp-L] Gapping/Embossing, am I doing it right?

Vern said:
I hope that this helps you feel a bit less confused about gaps. It is a topic worth much more discussion and about which the acknowledged experts could be much more generous with their information.

I'd like to take the time to point out a few things in regard to Vern's comments. Vern is undoubtedly a most knowledgeable, interesting and informative poster on Harp-L. As always, this post of his is interesting and educational. But his sentence quoted above regarding experts not being generous with their info inspires me to make several comments.
Another of our most valuable and knowledgeable posters on Harp-L us Tim Moyer. Tim is a harp customizer who well fits the definition of said acknowledged expert. Tim has always been most gracious and generous with his advice on Harp-L. I've been on Harp-L a long time and there seems to be no trade secrets that he is not willing to share. A search of the archives for posts from Tim will probably prove my point.
I have personal knowledge of some of Tim's customizing work. Tho I don't have extensive experience with a lot of different customizers, I have bought several of Tim's harps thru the years, and some of his stuff has been among the best harps I've ever played. And this includes the one harp I purchased from one of "The Guild" guys. For instance,Tim's harps, without me specifying that they be set up as overblow harps, do OB nicely, very nicely in fact.
A certain amount of experience and expertise is necessary to appreciate the benefits of a responsive instrument. To me, it's a necessity to have good instruments. I know from experience that it takes a lot of time and effort to get the results that our harp customizers get - I've spent a good deal of time trying to improve my harps. Despite the cost, to me, the resutls of buying a customized harp is still a good value.
My above opinions are to inform any Harp-L'ers who already don't know, and to recognize both Vern and Tim for their generous and informative posts on Harp-L.
Sincerely,
ron