[Harp-L] Tampa Blues Fest - Day 2 report (no harp content really)

UNBELIEVABLE - an entire day at a nationally known blues festival with NO
HARP in any band.  What are they thinking about when scheduling?  I  personally
know one of the main organizers and he is a harp player in  a long time local
band.  Didn't he notice that no harp bands  played on the biggest day of
attendance?  In any case, great non-harp  entertainment, but C'MON ...

Omar and the Howlers - Simple, pure, great texas swang.  A-

Indigenous - Great SRV style guitar/tone, but I still think their weakness
is in songwriting B

Mavis Staples - Not my thing, not fair to rate.  Too show bizzy for  me.
Like John Lee Hooker, Jr's set, too much talk not enough  ACTION.

Robben Ford - The best guitarist I've ever seen as far as nuance, mixing
jazz/blues idioms,
fluid lines, he has it all ... the bass player Roscoe was incredible too,  as
was their female drummer, Holly who kicked it really hard to an appreciative
audience.  I was in the front row so I saw every little thing Robben did  and
it was just mindblowing.  A all the way.

Johnny Lang - For me overrated, but the crowd liked him.  When he  strays
from the straight ahead rock 'n' blues thing, and tries to get creative,  I lose
interest, but I'm sure many will disagree.  B-

TODAY - FINALLY - some HARP again - ROD PIAZZA - Can't wait.