[Harp-L] RE: Any experiences with the Kendrick Texas Crude amp?

I bought a Texas Crude Harp amp new for $1,595 in July of 1995 and still  own
it.

I posted a review on Harmony Central about 4 years ago.

It is great as my medium sized amp (cathode biased 35 watts, one 12"
speaker, two 6L6s, two 12ax7 and a tube rectifier). I have the tweed one in  the
trapezoidal shape. I gigged with it for 7 or so years and it held  up like a tank
and put out great tone and great volume. It is not a lightweight  amp, as the
Kendrick 12" has a large magnet and the trapezoidal cab is  substantial, but
those same qualities give good bottom end and nice tone.

The only amp I've found with a better mix of tone and volume is a Sonny
Junior 410, which I bought over 2 years ago.

Andy Vincent