[Harp-L] Microphone questions

Hello,
I have two questions about microphones.
First question is about EV RE-10. It is a low imp mic, so I would like to
know how do you use it, with or without impendace transformer? Does anybody
use the bass roll-off filter on it?

My second question is about drum mics. I read some posts about this in the
past, someone uses a modified sennheiser(?) drum mic. So does it worth the
time and money to experiment with such mics.
If I am not mistaken they may good for acoustic sound, because they stand
high pressure. Or is it possible to get out some overdriven fat blues tone
from it? (It may depends more on the amp if I am not mistaken, as RE-10
produces quite clean tone after the specs, I had no chance to one
unfortunatelly)

I have chance to a Samson Q3, and interested if it worth the
experimentation, as I may not be able to test it. Low imp,hypercardioid, it
has some bass-roll-off switch and -10db pad switch too, and quite flat
response after the specs.(With good bass respone, and even better when
cupped I think)
http://www.samsontech.com/products/relatedDocs/q3_spec.pdf
Does it need an impedance transformer?
(I am interested if it is possible to get similar result with this samson,
as with the RE-10)

So I am interested in everything related to this,low imp mics, specs.

Thanks, Attila