Re: [Harp-L] How to get beyond (my) basic limitations?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wim Dijkgraaf" <w.dijkgraaf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 11:44 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] How to get beyond (my) basic limitations?

My questions are like the following:
1) Does anyone have ideas on how to overcome the limitations of the basic
physical movements?

Rudy Hung of Hong Kong special tunes inexpensive Hering chromatics for single pieces and is able to remember how to play them.
He plays "impossible" double stops, trills, and mordents that set his solos apart from anyone else that I know.

He has never revealed exactly how he does it but I assume that the redundant-C, the B#, E# plus any notes that are not used in the piece become candidates for re-tuning. The end effect is stunning.

Vern
Visit my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com