[Harp-L] Jason Ricci & Rick Estrin at BCBS

This weekend I was in harp heaven. I saw Jason Ricci & Rick Estrin at BCBS in Fairless Hills, PA. Jason did a 1-1/2 hour set that was smokin. His fill in drumer did a great job, with the bass player cues. I saw Jason twice before but I enjoyed his playing even more this time. Jason played very tastefully acoustically and through the amp.

Rick played 2 sets (1-1/2 hour plus 1 hour) through the Harp King. He did a version of Juke that would do Little Walter proud. Little Charlie and crew are real showmen. Not only did Charlie play guitar behind his head but so did the bass player and he plays STANDUP BASS! WOW!!Everybody was up on the dance floor as they rocked the house.

Last night I was also lucky enough to see Dennis Greunling at Red, Hot and Blue, playing sideman for Ron Kraemer. Dennis is a master of great tone and exquisite playing in both chromatic and diatonic. WHAT A TREAT!

What an inspirational weekend. Boy do I have work to do!

Steve Klein