[Harp-L] Huge Kalamazoo speaker moan

I bought this K 2 a few years ago and never really played with it. I think I got it through harp-l or ebay and it looks great, e.g., wiring, Jensen speaker, clean, etc. As soon as you put on the amp it lets out a loud bassy groan unaffected by inputting a mike and hardly affected by the amount of volume or tone. Even with this unbearable moan I can hear how the tone is terrific. I'm definitely not a technical guy and presume I'll have to take it in to get looked at. Just thought I would post to see if this was common and easily rectified. As usual Thanks. dennis (nyc)