[Harp-L] How to get beyond (my) basic limitations?

I had an idea of getting Toots to comment on this and come up with
something like the exercises you speak of. I know he has done
thorough investigations on his own, and we discussed the possibility,
but he simply did not care to address the subject in a linear,
didactic way. Also, publishers were not interested in anything this
advanced (even though it seems fundamental from my point of view, as
I'm sure it does from yours).

In Richard Hunter's book Jazz Harp. He does an interesting and valuable discussion about Toots. There is a nice section "The Master at Work"
I once wrote to Toots, inquiring if he would write an instruction. I received a response from his manager stating that he gets these requests all of the time and that performing, recording and, composing are his priorities.
I find this current thread very valuable and thank you for reiterating my concerns. I don't read well and I would like to see a book of scales, arpeggios and patterns with a CD.