Re: [Harp-L] Microphone questions

--- Attila Czigány <atteeharp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have two questions about microphones.
> First question is about EV RE-10. It is a low imp
> mic, so I would like to know how do you use it,
> with or without impendace transformer? Does
> anybody use the bass roll-off filter on it?

Yes! I ~always~ run my RE-10 through an impedance
transformer. I've never fiddled with the bass
roll-off; I love the huge bottom end that the mic
provides. When combined with the 12" speaker on my
B.J. or better yet, with the 15" speaker on my '65
Alamo... the earth moves.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.