Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica on Chi-Lites Oh Girl

On May 9, 2006, at 9:28 AM, Broussard, Craig wrote:
 Anyone play this song in the original key?
 What key harmonica was used?
 Is it a diatonic or chromatic?
Thanks for the info!
-------
And smo-joe answered:
Yes, I do. Don't remember the key, it's somewhere in my notes, but it's
on a C chromo. Intertesting note. There was a video many years ago with
someone who looked like Wilhemina Mae Thornton . She dunked the chromo
into a glass of water before she played the solo. How ridiculous.
=========

Howdy all. The song was originally in Bb, and features (trumpet man) Cy Touff playing chromatic harp.

As to any video that might be out there, yes Big Mama did soak her harps (most often in beer,) but she didn't play chrom nor did she record (or appear) with the Chi-lites...

cheers,
Tom Ball