Re: [Harp-L] corner-switching

Jonathan Ross wrote:
<Richard Hunter wrote:
<
<"But then Toots doesn't use Robert Bonfiglio's corner switching
<technique;"

<Unless Robert has come up with a radical new variant of this (which
<he may have, he has certainly become a master of the technique) then
<I don't know why you would label tongue-switching or corner-switching
<as "Robert Bonfiglio's corner switching technique".  Larry Adler,
<amongst others, was known to have used tongue switching and it has
<been a regular feature of the classical tradition for decades, since
<before Robert was born.

Jonathan is of course correct.  I used Robert's name mainly because he's probably the most prominent current practitioner of the technique, and one of the few people around who teaches it (for example, at his Gfrand canyon seminar).

In response to another message on this subject, perhaps Robert can favor us with a brief explanation of the technique.  I could try myself, but I suspect his explanation will be more helpful to those interested.

Thanks, RH