Re: [Harp-L] The Wealth of Talent is overwhelming!

James,

       Thanx for the nice comments on our Benefit for "West Side Hunger" last night in NY. It was so nice to see some GREAT harp Players in the house, kike yourself, Steve Merola and Peter Graber,-)

      It was my first time performing with the Bonfiglio Group and I must say I was PRETTY IMPRESSED.....These guys can switch gears in a second from Blues to Bach and a WHOLE lot more in between!

      I was honored to be on stage with such high level musicians!

  We did several Tunes off of Robert Bonfglio's "Harmonca America" CD and opened the songs up for some awesome solos!

      I had a blast playing and singing on the The Steinway Grand!!!

  Hope we can do that again soon....

      Robert B. handed out some "C" harp and had the kids blow some 1st position on "Amazing Grace"!!!!!!!!

  We will do a FULL blown version of this show in AZ in September when Robert and I do our "Grand Canyon Seminar" Bash!!! as we're joined by Bassist - Harvey Brooks and Drummer - Bernard "Pretty" Purdie.....

  I can't wait to do this again in September!!!

  Love & Peace,
  rob

James <wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am still reeling from the BONFIGLIO-PAPAROZZI benefit Tuesday. Over the weekend, I had a mishap and depressed for a while But Tuesday evening, I forgot about it. Thank fellas I needed that.
Do we realize the wealth of talent that exists here. In the history of the harp has there been this many performers and this array of talent. Even outside Harp L, folks like Charlie Musselwhite, Howard Levy, Jason Rosenblatt, Carlos del Junco,
chromatic, diatonic overblows so many ways to play, so many ways to express yourself. So many choices its totally overwhelming, its good thing. I just dont know where to begin.