RE: [Harp-L] Covering horn parts (kind of a gear post)

I use a 545 mic as well, and I find it to be pretty punchy and horn-like.  A little more reverb than you generally use or a semi-long delay might also help, and if you have something like a Digitech RP200 or a harmonizer, maybe an effect that gives the third or fifth interval above your played note (but I can't vouch for how well this will work).  But most importantly (and I know you said gear not playing approach), phrase the octaves as if you were playing a horn section (not a single horn, but a horn section).  I suggest lots of octaves in 2nd thru 4th positions, with maybe some 1st and 5th thrown in as well.   Good luck... sounds like fun.
  -s-

  > MN wrote:

  > So I'm wondering what you guys do differently (if anything) when you're
  > wanting to get a more "horn-like" sound?

---
My musical home:   http://www.scottalbertjohnson.com
Find me on MySpace:   http://www.myspace.com/scottalbertjohnson