Re: [Harp-L] Rod Piazza gear at Tampa Blues Fest - blow by blow

On 5/9/06, mjmeadors@xxxxxxx <mjmeadors@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I had never seen Rod play before,

<MAJOR Snip>

GEEZ - the harp WAS BARELY IN HIS MOUTH and the big tone was there. I know
what most of you will say, that it is Rod's technique all the way, but I
really think that his mic and the box are fundamental to his sound now.
That's just how I saw it, so sue me.

Of course equipment has an affect on your sound. But as has been stated
many times, good tone starts before you plug in. In Rod's case, I have sat 5
feet in front of him with no amp or mic and his tone is solid. And, my
opinion, there is more to his particular sound than tone depth. But this is
not an apologia for Rod or anyone in particular, just an observation that
booming tone will not come out of any gear if good tone does not go in.