[Harp-L] Re: All-Star Bay Area Blues Line Up for Curtis Salgado Benefit June 11

Robert wrote:
"I'm working with some other volunteers in the SF Bay Area to put together a benefit for Curtis Salgado who has been diagnosed with liver cancer."

On the off chance that Dan Ackroyd reads Harp-L, I'd like to suggest you make a generous donation to help out Curtis. I understand it was Curtis who helped turn you and John Belushi on to the blues (read: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~pringle/bluesbros/article.html). I have to think a movie star like you could write a check that would cover a ton of Curtis' medical bills.
BTW, as an American now living in Europe (where healthcare is very very affordable to anyone), I've struck more than ever by how tough the life of a pro musician is for you guys in the States.
Lastly, to Curtis, be strong, brother.
MN