[Harp-L] wireless

>I  was wondering if there are any negatives that one should keep in mind
when  considering such a purchase?
1- have you noticed any loss of tone for  example bottom end
2- are there certain setting or types of establishments  that make it harder
to use this set up.
I'm considering getting this unit  because quite frankly i'm sick of stepping
on my cable and having it pop out  during a
solo and i like to go out into the croud.
how do these work for  outdoor gigs?

I've used wireless rigs of various kinds for at least 15 years, & these  AKG
units are the most reliable & easiest to use that I've tried. I  have noticed
no tone loss, but I also usually process my signal, so my tone is  not a
'pure' amp tone. Wireless is GREAT outdoors, just don't get too far from  the stage
or the sound lag will mess you up.. The AKG's  take one AAA  battery that
lasts me a couple gigs.There is no pop when I turn them on or off.  My recievers
are rack-mounted & never any problem. The transmitters are  small &
lightwieght. Changing batteries on the fly is easy.
  I did have to adjust the squelch once to get rid of scratchy  interference
in one room we play.

Later,
Rosco
_may.be au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)

download or stream  live recordings: _may.be au.gust_
(http://www.maybeaugust.com/Live.aspx)