Re: [Harp-L] What's the best sounding and simplest wireless mike system?

I wrote:
> The 545SD can be configured for standard LoZ XLR.  Mine's wired to
> HiZ, so I can't test it with the Snap-On.  I would expect that if
> the 545SD is set up as standard LoZ, it would work just fine.
> Makes me curious about re-wiring mine; I'll let you know if I try
> it.

I got curious, and tried it.  Works just fine with the mic
configured for LoZ using the AKG Snap-On XLR.  That said, I like my
Sennheiser much better.  It's smaller, lighter, has much less mass
cantilevered off the front, and sounds more bottomy than the Shure.

I use mine occasionally with a band that uses almost entirely in-ear
wireless (one for each of the five memebers), without issues.  One
of the guys in that band uses an AKG for his acoustic guitar.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/