[Harp-L] New element for Bushman Torpedo mic

Jim -- contact Steve Warner at ThunderHarpMics.com and check out his website -- he's putting his secret A-1 element in the Bushman's with great success, and he's also got a new element that's even punchier than the A-1....Plus, he's a nice guy who does truly quality work. He's on Harp-L and his eMail is mudharp@xxxxxxxxxxx

Best of luck,
Tim

Jim McBride Wrote:
I bought a Torpedo mic for $59 when they were closing out last time. I figured
it was worth $59 just for the cool looking shell. The element is VERY weak and
even with an impedance transformer to boot it to a reasonable level, its tone is
not to my liking. So a couple questions...

1) Anyone have any tips on installing a Shure CM or CR element into this mic?
It looks like I'll have to come up with a custom mounting scheme inside it.

2) Anyone know a source for buying the CM or CR elements other than eBay? I
had a very nice CM element in a Bluesblaster shell but I sold it and now I
regret it.

Jim McBride