Re: [Harp-L] Low plate voltage on the preamp tubes?

Jim R wrote:
<I agree that reducing the plate voltage of Fender and similar amps
<warms up the sound and makes it less stiff and gainy.  I have been
<happiest with 12AX7 voltages of 100 to 110V.   It is not hard to do,
<but involves dealing with a portion of the circuit that has REAL HIGH
<voltage.

Novice techies should read that last sentence as follows:
"It is not hard to do, but involves dealing with a portion of the circuit that has REAL HIGH
voltage AND CAN EASILY KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING."

Thanks and regards,
Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com