Re: [Harp-L] Low plate voltage on the preamp tubes?

 Richard Hunter mentioned, "Beware of high voltages in the amp." ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!    That is the main point and if you don't know what you're doing then don't.  You won't be the first person who's died messing with amps.As an electrician by day I can tell you firsthand what voltages can do.  For 3-4 seconds I was hung up on 277 volts with my left hand and it pretty much disintegrated the tissue under the epidermis leaving a beef jerkey-like skin remaining on the surface of the index finger.  Voltages in that range  cause your muscles to contract and you can't let go.  I was luckey as my work partner pulled the ladder out from under my feet.  The muscle contraction caused 3 tendon tears in my shoulder and a small tear on the labrum.  That wasn't a fun 3 months. The amps voltages are usually higher and if the caps are storing the voltages "EVEN WHILE THE AMP IS OFF" you will get zapped!   be safe all