[Harp-L] Heart of the South Harmonica Music Festival

On May 11th, Shari Kane and I (Madcat & Kane) made that thirteen hour drive from our home in Ann Arbor, Michigan down to Birmingham, Alabama to attend the Heart of the South Harmonica Music Festival .

The highlight for me was hearing Charlie McCoy and his band. I bought the LP: THE REAL MCCOY back in 1969 and have been a fan of his ever since.

I heard both Buddy Greene and Wailin’ Wood for the first time at this festival. They are both AMAZING harmonica players and truly nice people.

And it was very nice to see lots of old friends: Al and Judy Smith, Harmonica Junction, The Society Boys, Frank Warner, Bud" Boblink, Chris Bauer, Joe Filisko, Jimi Lee, Jon Gindick, PT Gazell, Bobbie Giordano and many more...

Congratulations to Addison Hitchcock and his crew for putting on such a splendid festival!

Peter Madcat Ruth
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net