Re: Re: [Harp-L] Low plate voltage on the preamp tubes?

Jim Rossen wrote:
> I agree that reducing the plate voltage of Fender and
> similar amps warms up the sound and makes it less stiff
> and gainy.

The PAiA TubeHead preamp kit that I play through uses this "starved
plate" design of low plate voltages.  I love the sound, though can't
really compare it to a design running at higher plate voltages.
There's some information on the logic behind the design here:
http://www.paia.com/tubesnd.htm

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps