[Harp-L] defective Golden Melody?

I just bought a Golden Melody in the key of A.  Anytime I bend the
3draw it produces a distinctive inging noise. It does not do so on
3draw unbent.  I am a beginner, but normally do not have trouble
bending 3draw and getting a clear tone and this does not happen on any
of my other harmonicas.  I also tried isolating the 3 hole usung my
fingers to block all other holes.  It does the same thing.  3d is
clear as a bell and 3d bent produces the intended note plus a shrill
ringing sound.

Is this a defective harmonica?  What could be causing this and are
there any simple fixes?

Paul