Re: [Harp-L] New Suzuki Diatonics and questions

Paul Bowering wrote:
> I'm generally impressed by the product Suzuki puts out
> but on both a Bluesmater and a Delta Frost I've tried
> there have been leaks at the front edge of the cover
> plates. They don't sit flush. Is this common to these
> models or did I get bad ones.

As much as I like Suzuki products, I've had this problem with all
Suzuki diatonic models, including the Promaster.  There seems to be
a slight curve to the side of the cover where it meets the reed
plate that it mates to, which prevents the front edge from
completely sealing at the corner.  For some reason, on Promasters it
seems to be most pronounced at the left side, meaning the the top
cover leaks at the low end, and the bottom cover leaks at the high
end.  This is fairly easy to fix with a file, but I wonder why they
all seem to have this problem.  The Bluesmasters I've worked on have
had similar issues.  Perhaps it has something to do with the
manufacturing process for this type of formed cover, because I see
the same thing on Tombo Ultimos.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps