[Harp-L] Suzuki website

Well, the two new models are on the Suzuki website (ah, first thing in Google, of course:).

http://www.suzukimusic.com/harmonicas/Pages/home.html

Click on "Fire Breath" and "Pure Harp" while shuddering in horror at the choice of names...

To answer a question from the original email--the covers appear to be derived from the ProMaster. Indeed, the FB's covers are just the same as the Hammond* covers, and those are just ProMaster covers with a black coating. A very nice black coating, from what I've been told (I know people who much prefer the Hammonds to the Promaster for that very reason). Since I would be surprised (well, not that surprised) if the reed-plates and comb are not shared between these two wood- bodied harps I'd bet the covers for the PHarp (I wrote PH, but then realized that could mean Pipe Humming) are held in the same way--two screws at the ends and open in the middle.

Indeed, to answer another question, I'd bet these two use the exact same reed-plates (well, maybe not plated like the PM, but who knows) as the ProMaster and PHumming Suzukis. It looks like they actually decided to be logical and simply expand their line using the best parts of their best product (ie, the Promaster parts).

I may get some of these, but maybe not. It's not as if I actually need anymore diatonics right now. But, if I wanted a wood combed harp this might be hard not to go for--I have long been an open admirer of the ProMaster. And, that wood cover does look very, very nice...

Thanks to Paul B. for letting me know about this via harp-l (as always, the best resource), and thanks to Suzuki for not resting on their laurels. Of course, I'd love to see more radical Overdrive type stuff, but there's a lot to be said for just a really, really nice diatonic harmonica.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'