Re: [Harp-L] defective Golden Melody?

Tim Moyer wrote:
John Kerkhoven wrote:
Whenever I have tested this, I have come to the same conclusion as Pat Missin: the squeal is on the draw if you are drawing, on the blow if you are blowing.

I'm sorry, I seem to have mixed two problems in my answer without pointing that out. In the first case, I'm guessing that the squeal is caused by the reed rubbing against the side of the reed slot. In this case, since the squeal doesn't occur during normal sounding of the 3 draw, but only bending of the 3 draw, which sounds the three blow (though not exclusively), the offender would most likely be the blow note, and running the shim down the side would re-center the reed and fix the problem. I suppose it would make sense to ask whether the 3 blow alone exhibits any problems.

I still suspect that the blow reed is very, very slightly off centre, touching the slot wall only when the bend is fully developed...

Fernando