Re: Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki website

steve wrote:
>  Wow!   The prices there are more shuttering than the names.
> Harmonicas and Stuff only charges 16.95 for a HarpMaster and
> Suzuki wants 25 or 26 bucks.   Nice wood harp, though.

Manufacturers have to be careful not to compete with the retail
channel when they advertise their products directly through their
websites.  It's not just harmonicas.  The manufacturer is usually
the source of last resort for the consumer, as other people sell at
significant discounts to MSRP.

For example, although Hohner doesn't sell directly, the MSRP on a
Marine Band is $27.50.  You can get them WAY cheaper than that from
any number of sources, including most music stores.  I'm sure the
situation is similar for Suzuki, although I don't think the new
models are available yet, either from Suzuki or from retailers.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/