[Harp-L] re: harmonica names

Tim Moyer writes:

>> And the harmonica name horrors continue.  Wow, Suzuki's
>> certainly had their fair share of duds over the years,
>> but this is beyond bad.
>
>Maybe they should have a contest to name their harmonicas...

I hate to say it, Tim, but that didn't really get much better results, IMO. Well, I'm wrong--it did get much better results than "Firebreath", but that doesn't mean that it got good results, IMO.

Frankly, while I prefer names for cars (for the most part) I think that harmonica makers of all stripes have proved time and again that they can't come up with a good name to save their own lives, so numbers or alpha-numeric names are much better. (hell, if it wasn't old, we'd all think that "Marine Band" is a bad name--or "Golden Melody"?).

No offense meant, Tim, and I wish you luck with your new harp, but I don't like the name.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'