[Harp-L] Re: Taylor Hicks

  Tuesday is the final show for American Idol selection.  I remember
vividly Taylor Hicks blowing dynamic blues riff while walking to the
judges tables and surprised judges and 50 million TV viewers with smiles
and awe from a small harp with fantastic music.  Everyone appared to be
happy.  I bet that this was the first time of any harmonica playing among
 some US. population on TV. I do not recall any solo harmonica play in
major TV stations in my life.   We have world famous harmonica virtuosos
among us, classical, jazz. blues as you know.   Why do American TV media
refuse to present or cover harmonica artists?  Is it disdain, contempt or
no money incentive to promote a small market?   Anyway we have a last
chance to vote yes and to put Taylor to the Idol on Tuesday.   You may
get permission from your family members and vote as many numbers you can
to make him the winner.  If he wins, I think that he may be so hapy that
he will play again harp-blues- , sings and dance in his free choice of
music.   You can make this happen  if you vote.   This exposure of  harp
on 50 million viewers will rejuvinate harmonica world.
Ken in Georgia