From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jonathan Ross
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:55 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] reading things in

Why is it that people always feel the need to read things which are patently
not there into what is clearly written.  I never said there was anything
wrong with names or naming things, just that I wouldn't use a noun in this
case but rather a designation--based on past history amongst other things.
I then gave examples both theoretical and real in answer to what was pretty
much a direct question: what name would I have suggested.

I also said that _I_ think "Journeyman" is not a good name.  If anyone
disagrees, fine by me.  I also think "Fire breath" and "Pure harp" are much
worse (and said so).  That's my opinion--nothing more, nothing less, just
please don't try and distort it into something I didn't actually write.
AFAIC, none of the above names are good.  I only responded about
"Journeyman" when Tim made the comment (in reply to mine) about how he had
gotten better names.  That was his opinion-- if "Journeyman" was the best of
those, then I'd agree he got better, but better doesn't mean good, that was
it.

Finally, I like and respect Tim enough to be honest with him, to me
that matters much, much more than whether I like the name or not.
That came up in the course of the thread and I was honest about it.
I'm sorry if that hurt Tim's feelings, but that's part of the price of
selling things--and I know Tim well enough from our past interactions on and
off list to bet that if he really had an issue with it he'd speak to me
directly about it either on or off the list.  I doubt he needs others to
defend him--indeed, I'm pretty sure he doesn't based on his many years of
being on the list.

  ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'