Re: [Harp-L] re: names

Jonathan Ross wrote:
> Tim Moyer wrote:
>> "I wish now that you'd submitted an entry, Jonathan, so
>> I could see what you would consider a good name."
>
> Custom Marine Band, $50

I don't really think "custom Marine Band" describes this model.  I
prefer the term "customized" to "custom" for these harmonicas that
are built to a pre-determined specification, and don't allow the
individual to choose tunings, intonations, action, etc., as they can
with my higher-end models.  I consider my T-Bone, Honeycomb and
Soloists to be "custom" harmonicas, the Artisan and Journeyman to
be "customized".

There's no real value in engaging in a debate about Jonarthan's
taste in names here; he's certainly allowed to like or dislike
whatever he wants.  I respect another person's opinion, and even
more, their ability to support their opinion with fact.  Jonathan's
very good at that, to be sure.

As a business owner, though, having a model name helps me to
identify, brand and market a particular product.  Having a contest
to name the product generates a certain amount of publicity and, for
most people, is fun.  At least 200 people thought so!

I have Journeymen in stock in lots of keys, so regardless of what
you think of the name, try one and see if you like it!

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/