[Harp-L] New to the list

Hello everyone.

I've only been subscribing to this list for a few days, but have really
enjoyed the posts so far. Just wanted to introduce myself and also ask a
question.

As my email address suggests, my name is Kris Atha and I live in Iowa. I'm
married with three kids and work for a sports-lighting company in the
marketing department. And, just so you know, I am a male -- spelling of my
name sometimes throws people off.

I've been messing around trying to learn how to play the harmonica off and
on for several years now. I'm not terrible but have a LONG way to go.

Now my question, and please forgive me if I don't use the correct
terminology.

I have a Bushman Soul's Voice in the key of D that has a flat 7 blow reed.
Is there a way to correct that or do I just buy replacement reeds?

Oh yeah, I should probably mention I had a 6 draw reed on my G that
wouldn't play and broke it off yesterday trying to "fix" it.

I guess I'm just looking for any tips on technique and tools to be able to
do a little minor correction stuff myself -- if it's possible to correct
at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kris