Re: [Harp-L] Re: Taylor Hicks (response to Bobbie) -cont'd

I personally hope that he successfully put's out a pop album with a couple nice
blues tracks on it. I just remember always buying records as a kid because of
a certain song and typically digging the b side stuff over the popular stuff. A
great example would be "The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe". Most Lenard Skynard
fans would have no clue what the hell you were talking about if you brought up
that song but as a kid I wore it out on my copy. Put the music in the hands of the
un suspecting and let it take a hold of them on it's own.

Scooter

So, perhaps Taylor will put out an R&B album and probably not a strictly
blues album (too bad in my opinion), but I would hope the winners have some
creative say in their recordings.

The big question is, how many albums are they contracted to record? I doubt
it's an indentured servitude in perpituity. This could be a step for Taylor
and maybe he'll take the fame and help to re-energize the blues market. But
then again he may not. But as others have said in this forum, he's not just
a singer, he's a musician. And he doesn't sing just to make a living, he
sings because he absolutely has to. That differentiates him from a lot of
others on the show.

Robert Gaustad