[Harp-L] Re: Taylor Hicks

At 03:46 PM 5/23/2006, Jazmaan wrote glowingly (of Taylor Hicks):
I don't think he could repeat himself if he wanted to.

Oh man thanks Jazmaan, Validation! I feel so much better about my attempted playing, since I couldnt' repeat myself if I wanted to, either!!

Here in France (where I am not watching AI, no comment, 'cept Go Taylor) the word for music practice or rehearsal is "repetition", which is anathema to me. Largely 'cause I can't, partially because it don't interest me to try to play exact replications, much as I like hearing them.

[Although I must confess I do in fact repeat myself accidentally (as some of you sadly know), insofar as I play my only three-and-a-half riffs over and over, forwards and backwards and faster and slower, but that's different . . . ]

Dave Fertig
elmtreeblues.org