[Harp-L] Re: Taylor Hicks

FJM wrote:

Tom Costeloe makes a very valid point regarding American Idol.  It's not
being watched worldwide and the harmonica content connection is tenuous at
best.  I appreciate everyone's excitement it's nice to have something to
follow and look forward to.  If we could at least stick to substantiative
commentary versus mere speculation on the minutiae of the show I for one
would greatly appreciate it.  Nix completely vote for Taylor campaigns.  I
gather it all ends tonight so my entreaty comes just a tad late.  Thanks,
fjm harp-l-listowner

"Tenuous at best"?   The only reason Taylor doesn't play more harp on AI is that its not allowed
by the producers.   Despite that restriction, last night his Dad was interviewed on AI about
Taylor's discovery of the harmonica at an early age.  And once the competition is over I'm sure
Taylor will be playing harp on TV every chance he gets.   So why is Taylor Hicks promotion any
less legitimate a topic than the promotion of other harp players here on the list?   "Not being
watched worldwide" doesn't seem like a fair criticism when he's probably being watched by 50
million Americans and many millions overseas too.

Anyway, as you said the voting is over and Taylor Hicks is almost certainly going to be crowned
the first harmonica playing "American Idol"?   Isn't that an important and fair topic for discussion?