[Harp-L] re: showmanship

Stay in shape, get a long cord, and get out and dance with the audience. Wander over and say hi to the guitarist and do a little jumping up and down with him. Do a guitar harp duel. And keep your solos short keep them wanting more.

Short sleeve shirts, good sneakers, plenty of water, keep the alcohol to a minimum. Jumping up and down with a stomach full of beer is a bad idea.

Years ago, in the bad old days, my band came on after a couple of real energetic punk bands. Figuring I couldn't beat them at jumping up and down, I played the whole set lying down on stage. The acoustics were excellent.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm