RE: [Harp-L] danecho settings

 Hey G,I've even heard that a DanEcho that Ron 5 Megged ( the Boss 2) had sucked some tone.  Hard to say until one actually puts it on the bench and listens.  I did play Ed Gallegher's Kinder 5Meg Boss and it did add a bite-like quality to the Blues Jr he had.  But there's plenty of amps much better than the Jr.  Hmmmm. I've hooked up a HiZ tranny after it once and the tone did change playing a dynamic, but there's more R&D for that one yet.I'll look at the ToneLok next.thankssteve--- On Sat 05/27, G < gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:From: G [mailto: gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sun, 28 May 2006 11:14:24 +1200Subject: RE: [Harp-L] danecho settingsDate: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:34:52 -0400 (EDT)From: "steve" Subject: RE: [Harp-L] danecho settingsTo: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>He used the real McCoy of Echo boxes. If he was alive today I don't think>he'd use a Dan Echo and I've got one and I don't use it either as it sucks>the life out of anything I've ever
hooked up to it. Don't want to sound >blah, but it's true. 8< >steve I don't recommend people buy the Dan Echo, the Ibanez TonLok has similarfeatures and a wider range of controls and doesn't suck tone.But if you already have a Dan Echo it sounds really good when setupproperly. Either use a preamp before it to match impedance, or modify thepedal so the input impedance is right. Even electric guitarists haveexperienced the same problems with Dan Electro pedals.You can do it yourself,http://www.e-basteln.de/harp/or you can get Ron Holmes to do it for youhttp://www.holmeseng.com/I use my (modified) Dan Echo thuslyMix 10 O'clock, Speed 10 O'clock, Lo-Hi set Lo, Repeats fullyanticlockwise, Hi Cut to taste.If you want more echo I suggest using the above, then slowly rollingspeed clockwise.One thing with echo, if you want lots of it, then match the repeats to thetempo of the song, or double time or quadruple time - hard to do when youonly have a speed dial to work with -
which is why I generally recommendecho with Tap function - you tap on the pedal in time.I'm keen to hear people's experiences with Line6's latest range of effectspedals, on paper they look awesome, but yet to have a chance to try them out.-- G._______________________________________________Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.orgHarp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com