[Harp-L] Re: Dr. Harmonica and the Rocket 88

>Dr. Harmonica and  the Rocket 88.
>Has anyone ever heard of this band? I just heard their  version of "Turn on
your lovelight" and its >incredible. I believe they are  based in the
Baltimore MD.  area.
Dr. Harmonica is Mark  Kenneally from Wilmington, Delaware, USA.  His band
Rocket 88 has been in the bar  band business in the Philadelphia, Wilmington,
Baltimore region for maybe 30  years. Mark is a GREAT front man/showman/singer
and harp player who has more  great stories and one-liners while performing
than just about anyone Iâve seen.  The band over the years has been a virtual
training ground for area musicians â  guitarists Tommy Conwell and Roger Girke
were once members. Mark went to high  school with George Thorogood (I went there
also @ 5 years later) and hung out  with him prior to Thorogoodâs break
through.
The tune you mentioned  is on the Rocket 88 CD Swinginâ Easy Live, which has
a pretty cool looking cover  and contains some great live music.
_http://www.vintageguitar.com/music/details.asp?ID=244_
(http://www.vintageguitar.com/music/details.asp?ID=244)
Mark is a great blues  guy, Iâve played with him a few times and he has
filled in for me in the band I  usually play in a time or two.
The Doctor and Rocket  88 play in Delaware at places like Murph's Irish Pub
and the Hi Ho Tavern and in  Baltimore at the Cat's Eye Pub. See 'em if you
can.
Andy  Vincent