Re: [Harp-L] Amplification : AMP Vs P . A . Was Big River harps

If you truly want to control your sound and what the audience hears, step
outside the old mindset (amp, PA, sound man, monitors, mains, different mixes
everywhere you look on the stage, etc) and take control and responsibility
yourself.

This is what I like to do and the ultimate success I've found in all types of
situations is the BOSE PAS system as a PA and using whatever smaller harp amp
owned that gives that great tone mic'd through the system. You can even use a
pignose amp mic'd w/SM 58.

No amp modeler. No lugging a harp king or Bassman around. No problem hearing
your harmonica. Audience hearing exactly the same sound mix that you hear on
stage. No needing to blast out volume wise to fill the room.

Sounds like win/win/win to me. However, win/win/win is not for the cheap. The
BOSE PAS starts at around $1800, but the band and the audience will love it.
Perfect for small to medium sized rooms. Larger rooms and outdoor gigs? Run a
line out to a sound guy or to some side fills and have them turn the volume up
or down as needed to fill the area without blasting away.

The Iceman