To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 5:18 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Buster Brown

So I'm listening right now to reelradio.com as they stream their Memorial Day special. 3 hours
of the Real Don Steele on Memorial Day 1969 synched right to the minute so precisely that even his
time announcements match up to the moment, giving an incredible "Wayback Machine" experience.

So just after 5:00pm he played "Fannie Mae" by Buster Brown. I have to confess I was not
familiar with this recording but is has a really nice harp solo right in the middle of it with a
kind of Sonny Boy II feel. And then when the song ends, its immediately followed by a RIPPLE
commercial! Whoa! Top 40 radio at its down home bluesiest! And after that its right into "Oh
Happy Day" by the Edwin Hawkins Singers! What a segue!

So who is Buster Brown - is playing the harp himself?