Re: [Harp-L] Amplification : AMP Vs P . A . Was Big River harps

I have almost always played through the PA when sitting in. The problem has
always been the inconsistency that you get from place to place. Sometimes its
feedback problems, sometimes it's volume problems. Most small places don't have
sound men, the band has someone who does it onstage and that's another
problem.
Though I don't play out much, in the last year I bought an old Champ and a
Harp Commander. On Sunday, for just the second time, I spent some time setting
these up and getting things dialed in a little at a jam session for a friend's
party. I decided not to run through the PA for a change and just went into the
Harp Commander with a green bullet and ran strictly th rough the Champ, which
now has a 10-inch Weber speaker in it. The result was very satisfying. I ran
the volume on the champ about 6, and the gain on the HC about mid point. I had
no problems keeping my level balanced with some loud guitar amps. Got lots of
compliments on the sound I was getting.
I guess there are all kinds of ways and we have to find what works best for
us individually.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb