[Harp-L] New Type of Vibrato

Hi to everyone,

I recently disovered as I call it a mechanical diaphragm vibrato. That
is, it is done with the use of the diaphragm (plus your belly or
abdomen). I'm sure I'm not the first one, but just want to share with
those who don't know thta such vibrato is possible.

Staying in the offcie until the late hour makes me play some music in
PC player and softly sing along while doing the job at the PC. I have a
bad habit of wiggling with my leg/foot every time I need to leave as
soon as possible the when PC is not responding fast enough to close the
deal...

This is the method:

1. Sit on the plain office wheel chair
2. Put your right foot on the wheel branch (1) with your shooe toe
almost at the edge of that branch (right under the wheel) and (2) with
your heel raised high
3. Lean forward a bit to feel some sort of pressure between you right
leg and your belly
4. Your right foot is in raised position pressing the wheel branch not
with your toes but with the bone preceeding your toes (forgot the name
for it)
5. So, in this set-up you start doing rhythmic wigglings with your foot
by lowering your heel and then raising it again - back and forth (make
it sort of an automatic repetition of movements) - while producing some
vovel sound - exhale works find for the start.

Keep on experimenting by putting te palm of your hand against the
throat and exhaling. You are to feel the pulsation of the air coming
out. Then take your harmonica and continue experimenting.

*** I know it sounds funny and crazy that in order to apply this kind
of vibrato one has to have a wheel chair and sit in a designated
position, etc.:)  But I think it's good to explore this technique as it
can further give you some ideas on how to use your diaphragm in other
situations. Plus I discovered that it can be greatly utilized in home
conditions while recording your projects.

Write me if you try it. Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex