RE: [Harp-L] t-blocking

     Dear List and Mike,
     I tongue block to the right (from my own point of view)  Holding harp in left hand, with the numbers up, my tongue is on lower numbers than the note I'm playing for the most part.
     I tongue-block everything but blow bends and maybe hole 1. Hole 1 is probably pucker by definition, because I pull my tongue off the harp, however my approach to hole 1 is different when in TB mindset vs. pucker.  I frequently switch from TB to pucker depending on the sound I want.
     Dan G.
   [Harp-L] t-blocking
     Posted by: "michael hines" otisharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:52 pm (PST)   My inane question for the month: when tongue blocking, does the single note play from the left of the tongue or the right? I know it probably sounds silly to many of you but having never done it(except for octaves}, i thought i should at least start on the right foot. Also, does anyone know if Sonny Terry used t-blocking or pucker? I'm kinda going in reverse i suppose but i am suddenly fascinated by all of his music.
Thanks,
Mike