Re: [Harp-L] paddy richter

rainbowjimmy wrote:
> I know I can make a Paddy Richter with a Lee Oskar melody maker
> blow and a regular reed plate on the top for about $45.00. Are
> there any other alternatives?

Take a standard harp and tune the 3 blow up a wholetone.  Should be
pretty straightforward.  It's more convenient if you can remove the
reedplates from the comb to do the retuning, since the blow reeds are
mounted on the inside of the top plate, but you can push the reed
through the slot and support it on top while you scrape/file/sand away
material from the tip.

-tim